This email serves to announce that the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS) has received funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) for the Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program to support eight internships for undergraduate student research at BIOS during fall 2013.
This program provides recipients with the opportunity to conduct intensive, hands-on research projects in several active and ongoing research areas, including:
- Biology, chemistry, and physics of the open ocean
- Biology, physiology, and biochemistry of coral reef ecosystems
- Molecular biology of marine organisms
- Environmental chemistry of Bermuda's atmosphere and inshore waters
- Effects and consequences of global environmental change